March 5, 2018
Notice of Annual Meeting
Sunday, March 18, 2018 -- 12:15 p.m.
Dear Member of Unity South,
This letter serves to notify you of the Unity South 2018 Annual Meeting: Sunday, March 18, 2018 at 12:15 p.m.
The following items of business are on the agenda:
1. Voting to fill two Board positions:
· Francine Evans, our Board President is termed out
· Vicki McFee is running for reelection to the Board
· Don Ramler and Nancy Sikharam are the candidates running for the vacant Board seat
2. It is suggested that Section 3.04B 1 & 2 of the bylaws be amended per the notice below.
The changes are in red.
3. Other business that may be brought before the congregation.
Everyone is welcome to attend the meeting. Only members are allowed to vote or serve on the Board of Directors.
The Annual Meeting is the one time each year we formally request that all members of our community come together. We appreciate your commitment to Unity South and look forward to seeing you on the 18th!
Reverend James Stacey, Minister
Francine Evans, Board President and
Leif Nestingen, Director
Proposed Bylaws Amendment:
Bylaws Section 3.04 — Board of Directors — Election
B) Nominating Committee. A Nominating Committee shall be formed at least three months prior to the Annual Membership Meeting, and shall initiate a search for at least two qualified candidates for the Board of Directors. The Committee shall consist of the Minister and three members selected in the following manner:
1) At the Annual Membership Meeting, the Membership shall elect one of its members, for a two-year term, and an alternate, to serve on the Nominating Committee for the next year’s election.
2) The Board shall elect one of its Directors, for a two-year term, this term is to alternate with that of the individual selected from the membership.
3) The above two Committee members, together with the Minister, shall select a third Committee member from the Membership who shall become Chairman of the Nominating Committee.